Lavender and Lace

February 22, 2019


Hello everyone, hope you are looking forward to the weekend and to some quiet crafty time :)

I am so pleased to have joined the Magnolia-licious team with all the lovely ladies plus Shawn who is indeed a truly kind person whom I have the pleasure to now also call a friend.

I am sharing with you today what I have prepared as my first inspiration post for Magnolia-licious.

Get ready for loads of pics .... hope you don't get bored :) !



This box took me quite a bit of time to complete as it involved a lot of mental calculations  and stitching, but I have to say I loved doing it, especially since it was something I had in my mind which needed to be created.

This is Miss You Tilda from the 2016 - A Touch of Love collection.  I have colored her up with Distress Inks and die cut it with a personal die from my collection. It gave her a shabby cut not a proper oval. I have used some organza around the image to give it a bit of a different look.



The foamiran flowers you can see on this project are flowers that I have made myself. If you have a look here you will find several different dies you can use to create some beautiful flowers with the colour and shape of your choice. The shop stocks a lot of different coloured foamiran.  I enjoyed experimenting and forming them particularly for this box.


The papers are of course Maja Design - Vintage Summer Basics - the right colour I needed.



I have formed a small frame around the bottom of the lower flap to form a box.


I have use a Magnolia stamp for the inside of the box which is Elegant Heart from the Raise the Ceiling Collection in 2010.  I have embossed it with mirror gold embossing powder.




The beautiful chipboard heart is from Scrapiniec. You can find several heart shapes in the shop which you can use for your projects. Heart Chipboard is something we can use on any project.


I have used Light Grey Foamiran from the shop which I have dyed with some milled lavender distress. 

Stamens also purchased from the shop, have given the flowers the pearly centre look they needed.



Here you can see better how it looks from the side. I love how the fluffy organza looks around the image :)


I have stamped a Magnolia sentiment on the side of the box and also used a Magnolia butterfly around the edges.


The ribbon is actually two ribbons - a wider one and seam binding glued on top of each other.




I have placed a nice scented bath fizz that fits exactly inside the box in the form of a heart...an ideal present for a kind friend :)

Hope to have inspired some of you to create this box and if you need any info happy to help anytime.

XOXO

Claire

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Absolutely stunning creation Claire, love all the pretty elements and of course your colouring.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete